The committee is elected at the AGM which is this month’s meeting on Tuesday April 26th.
All of our officers are stepping down – without a President, a Secretary, and a Treasurer WE WILL HAVE TO CLOSE.
We need help with a lot more than just those key positions though – here are all of the roles that help to make our WI as good as possible:
- President – manages WI, face of WI
- Vice President – Manages in place of President when not available
- Secretary – takes minutes at committee meetings, receives WI post, liaises with people running groups
- Treasurer – in charge of the money
- Communications Officer – putting information onto website, emails
- Marketing – creating flyers and other marketing materials, social media
- Membership Secretary – MCS, signing people in at meetings, helping to increase membership
- Finance Officer – dealing with cash and receipts at meetings, and taking to the bank
- Events – organising fundraising and event stalls etc.
The kinds of things we organise:
- activities and outings for each monthly meeting
- supplies for meetings, including drinks, cakes, craft materials and more
- raffle prizes
- fundraising to keep our WI going
- fundraising for and working with charities
- getting involved with our federation and the WI as a whole
- opportunities and events for members
The committee meets once a month on the Tuesday before the main meeting and email a little during the month, but it won’t take over your life. There is absolutely no minimum time you have to be a member of our WI to join the committee. It’s a great way to really get to know people in the group and gives a great sense of satisfaction from helping to run such a lovely WI.
If you’d like to join, all you have to do is stand at this month’s meeting!